Monday, January 1, 2007

Salads Index

The great indexing project! Because I can't think of any other better way to do this...I'm listing all of the recipes in a given chapter and linking them to the post where I cook it. I would ADORE if you would comment on the index, especially if you can comment on TJOC recipes (in the respective chapter) that you have made and your thoughts on it :)

I hope to update each index a few times a quarter. Since that isn't very often, if you found this link through Google, make sure to search for the recipe in the search bar, even if it isn't linked. It's possible I've made since the last index update.


Salads:

Number of recipes: 95
Number of recipes made:
(Sept 2008): 2.1% Uh oh!
May 2009: 3 or 3.2%
Oct 09: 7 or 7.4%
Mid-Jan 10: 9 or 9.5% So close to 10%!
Mid-Jan 2011: 17 or 17.9% Made progress!
Mid-May 2011: 19 or 20%

Cheese crisp
Green salad
Tart green salad
Tart greens with apples and pecans
Field salad with fresh herbs
Asian greens and whole herbs
Mixed greens with cheese crisp
Caesar salad
Greek salad
Pita salad (Fattoush)
Spinach salad
Spinach salad with grapefruit, orange, and avocado
Endive and walnut salad
Wilted greens
Bistro salad
Baked goat cheese and mesclun
Creamy coleslaw
Becker coleslaw
Tangy coleslaw
Spicy Chinese slaw

Hot slaw
Chef's salad
Cobb salad
Salade Nicoise
Lobster salad vinaigrette
Crab Louis
Spinach with seared shrimp and bacon
Oregano shrimp salad
Thai beef salad
Taco salad
Chicken or turkey salad
Curried chicken or turkey salad
Chinese chicken salad
Ham salad
Egg salad
Tuna salad
Becker tuna salad
Lobster or shrimp salad
Seafood salad I
Seafood salad II
Herring salad
Artichoke heart salad
Asparagus sesame salad
Avocado and citrus salad
Avocado and mango salad
Creamy beet salad
Pickled beet salad
Carrot and raisin salad
Carrot, apple, and horseradish salad
Edamame and carrot salad with rice vinegar dressing
Celery root remoulade
Marinated cucumbers I
Marinated cucumbers II

Creamy cucumber salad
Hearts of palm salad
Jicama salad
Orange and onion salad (Sicilian salad)
Three-pea salad
Potato salad I
Potato salad II
American potato salad
German potato salad
Tomato salad
Tomato and mozzarella salad (insalata caprese)
Bread and tomato salad (panzanella)
Waldorf salad
Spicy watermelon salad
Pear, walnut, and endive salad
Melon cups
Bean salad
Three-bean salad
Black bean salad
Chickpea salad
Warm lentil and potato salad
Rice salad with chicken and black olives
Wild rice salad with sausage
Brown rice salad with dates and oranges
Pasta salad
Pasta salad with pesto
Pasta salad with grilled chicken
Pasta salad with shrimp
Calico macaroni salad
Creamy macaroni salad for a crowd
Stuffed artichokes
Avocado cups
Cucumber cups
Basic savory aspic
Tomato aspic I
Tomato aspic II
Gelatin fruit salad
Golden slow salad
Molded cranberry salad
Pineapple orange gelatin salad
Cucumber mousse
Lobster mousse

3 comments:

  1. I am surprised you haven't made the curried chicken salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of those that is difficult to make because I don't think it's going to be as good as the recipe I already make :) Well, and I'm out of curry powder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My copy of TJOC has the recipe for Orange and Onion salad (Sicilian Salad) but there's not a single orange listed in the recipe...starts with fennel bulbs as the main component 😕

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.