Monday, January 1, 2007

Pancakes, Waffles, Fritters, and Doughnuts Index

The great indexing project! Because I can't think of any other better way to do this...I'm listing all of the recipes in a given chapter and linking them to the post where I cook it. I would ADORE if you would comment on the index, especially if you can comment on TJOC recipes (in the respective chapter) that you have made and your thoughts on it :)

I'm terrible about updating the indexes, so if you stumbled on this page from Google and nothing is linked from the dish you are looking for, be sure to search for it.

Pancakes, Waffles, Fritters, and Doughnuts index:
Number of recipes: 63
Number of recipes made:
Sept 2008: 9 or 14.3%
Dec 2008: 10 or 15.9%
March 2009: 11 or 17.5%
May 2009: 12 or 19%
October 2009: 14 or 22.2%
Mid-Jan 2010: 14 or 22.2%
Mid-Jan 2011: 16 or 25.4%
Mid-May 2011: 19 or 30.2%

Pancakes or griddles cakes
Buttermilk pancakes
Pancakes with additions
Silver dollar pancakes
Sourdough pancakes
Four-grain flapjacks
Cornmeal pancakes I
Cornmeal pancakes II
Buckwheat pancakes
Raised buckwheat blini
Mini blini
Oatmeal pancakes
Lemon pancakes
Waffles
Buttermilk waffles
Cornmeal waffles
Bacon cornmeal waffles
Honey bran waffles
Chocolate waffles
Belgian waffles
French toast waffles
French toast
Stuffed French toast
Baked French toast
Savory crepes
Sweet crepes
Buckwheat crepes
Filled savory crepes
Filled sweet crepes
Ham and spinach crepes
Crepes with chicken, apples, and blue cheese
Crepes suzette
Crepes with caramelized apples
Crepe cake
Blintzes
Sweet cheese blintzes
Blueberry blintzes
Viennese or Austrian crepes (palatschinken)
Dutch baby
German pancake (pfannkuchen)
Austrian pancakes (nockerlen)
Cake doughnuts
Yeast doughnuts
Sour cream doughnuts
Buttermilk potato doughnuts
Chocolate doughnuts
Chocolate glazed doughnuts
Dropped doughnuts
Jelly doughnuts
Honey dipped doughnuts
Crullers
New Orleans beignets
Beignets or French fritters
Rosettes
Fritter batter for vegetables, meat, and fish
Tempura batter
Fritter batter for fruit
Blooms in batter
Day lily fritters
Corn and ham fritters
Cheese croquettes cockaigne
Salmon croquettes
Chicken or turkey croquettes

3 comments:

  1. I just got the new edition of Joy and made the German pancakes. I think there's a typo as it called for 1/2 cup of cornstarch! My falling apart edition called for only 2 TBSPs which I discovered after I had added the full 1/2 cup. It tasted fine, but was like a very fluffy souffle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm sure you are right about that :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.